We love to read as much as you do. Sometimes though, we are drawn to the non-fiction genre. Especially if there is something to be learned amidst the nonfiction piece we choose. This month we are particularly interested in guns. We have found that some of them are quite fascinating. There are those that are fully customizable!
So while we could further delineate for you the best AR-15 scope, and some great hand grips, we would rather direct you to the experts. These gun books can give you all the information you need to be a well-informed gun owner. And, some of them are actually enjoyable reading.
Top 7 Gun Books
We are most interested in the books that will further our understanding of guns and their values. We want to choose books that will increase our ability to make good decisions when it comes to our personal gun purchases. Here are our recommendations:
- Glock: The Rise of America’s Gun- This books was penned by Paul M. Barrett. He performed 15 years of research to determine why the Glock has gained such notoriety in America. He claims it has been glamorized, rhapsodized, and coveted among the populace. If you have ever wanted to know about Glocks, this is the book for you.
- American Gun: A History of the US in Ten Firearms- This book was dually written by Chris Kyle and William Doyle and published in 2013. The basis appears to be that US history can be explained by the guns that were used at various times during its life. It seems like quite an interesting premise.
- The Gun- Written by C.J. Chivers, the book reveals the advent of the AK-47. He discusses its appearance at a Soviet Union secret weapon design contest. He claims the Pentagon scoffed at the design while in reality it was quite brilliant. If you like semi-automatic weapons, this is the book for you.
- The Second Amendment- If you ever wanted to learn more about your second amendment rights, this book, penned by Michael Waldman, is a great choice. It is billed as a biography of the Second Amendment because it focuses on the inception and deceptions associated with this pivotal piece of the Bill of Rights. If you need more information on the 2nd Amendment click this.
- Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson- Prepared by Jim Supica and Richard Nahas, this book contains the guns used by some of the biggest and boldest gunslingers of all time. There are more than 775 guns in this book and it is fully illustrated. If you collect guns, you want this book!
- Control: Exposing the Truth About Guns- A New York Times Best Seller written by Glenn Beck, this book will open your eyes to why the government is so concerned with initiating gun control laws. If you have ever heard the myths attached to the support of gun control, this book will open your eyes. Learn more.
- Armed America: Portraits of Gun Owners in Their Homes- Kyle Cassidy traveled over 20,000 miles to photograph gun owners across America. He wanted to know why they owned a gun and what their lives looked like. The images in this book might reveal the “every man” reality behind real gun ownership.
If you can’t learn all you need to about guns from this list, feel free to read more.