While these two words, books and attire, may seem like completely unrelated topics, the truth is, a number of great books have been written about fashion. We would like to discuss those books here. Some of them may be of interest to you!
Although we don’t expect any of them to be your source for the best leggings, we do believe you can glean a good deal of fashion expertise from these pieces of literary wonder. Who would have thought to write books about clothes? We’re glad you asked…
Books about Clothes
The following books are all about fashion. If you want to be well-informed in the fashion arena these books are must reads. Here they are:
- How to Get Dressed: A Costume Designer’s Secrets for Making Your Clothes Look, Fit and Feel Amazing- Penned by Allison Freer, this book is the answer to all your wardrobe malfunctions.
- The One Hundred: A Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own – According to the author, Nina Garcia, these 100 items should be found in every woman’s closet. You can learn more about Nina by clicking here.
- Influence- By the Olson twins, this book is a compilation of interviews with people the twins believe have influenced their own personal styles.
- The Little Black Book of Style- Another book by Nina Garcia, this one covers the do’s and don’ts of fashion.
- The Extra Half an Inch: Hair, Heels and Everything in Between- Written by Victoria Beckham in a conversational style, this book illuminates everything you need to know about dressing right.
- The Fashion Game Book: A World History of 20th Century Fashion- This is the most educational book on the list. All you need to know about fashion can be found in here. More fashion history can be found by clicking this.
- Lessons from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris- Jennifer L. Scott writes this memoir that serves to entertain and e
- ]\6ducate in the areas of French lifestyle, sophistication, and fashion.
- Dressing Your Truth: Discover Your Personal Beauty Profile- The therapist who penned this piece, Carol Tuttle, intends to rescue people from their fashion dilemmas by freeing them from the desire to pursue readily changing fashion trends.
And for Men
Men need fashion help too, to learn more click here. However, we didn’t want to leave relevant men’s books out of the list so here are some to consider:
- Dressing the Man: Mastering the Art of Permanent Fashion- Alan Flussler, the man whose name is tantamount to taste and style, writes the book with the goal of enabling men to avoid becoming fashion victims.
- Esquire the Handbook of Style: A Man’s Guide to Looking Good- Composed by Esquire’s editors, this will be the go to book for style conscious men looking to understand accessories, suit cuts and fabrics, and all things fashion.
- Effortless Outfits: The Men’s Guide to Matching Outfits for a Powerful Impression in Personal and Professional Life- Robert van Tongeren, the author, claims to provide men the ability to look in their closets and know what outfits will make them look the best.
Books and attire really can relate. Now you know which pieces to pick up to better dress for success. However, we suggest that you wear leggings and an oversized shirt while packing in the knowledge provided by these authors. At least you’ll be comfortable in the process.